|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Manor House, Browston|
A former farmhouse and barn, now one dwelling. They were originally built in the early 17th century, and rebuilt in 1689 (there is a stone on the front with this date). The building is of brick, with a brick and flint plinth, and has a thatched roof. It is two storeys high, with a lobby entrance. The windows are all 20th century, except for three small square windows.
Images - none
Former farmhouse and barn now one dwelling. Early 17th century rebuilt 1689. Brick, brick and flint plinth, thatched. Lobby entrance. 2 storeys. No regular bays on south façade. Left of centre datestone NRS 1689. Windows and doors 20th century except for three small square windows. Ridge stack left of centre, internal gable stack to east with 2 octagonal flues on moulded base. Interior had bridging beams and joists. Fireplace in east room with moulded 4
centred arch, jamb stops tongue and barred.
E. Rose (NAU) 14 July 1988.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MANOR (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Serial: Suckling. 1801. History of Suffolk.. Vol 1. |
|<S2>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...