|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint and medieval pottery sherds|
Fenland fieldwalking in 1988 recovered a couple of prehistoric flints and one sherd of medieval pottery. One of the flints was subsequently identified as an Early Bronze Age scraper.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 6188 9549|
|Parish:||SOUTHERY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
26 April 1988. Fenland fieldwalking. Conditions: advanced cereal, soil well weathered.
Couple of flints and one sherd of medieval pottery.
R. Silvester (NAU) 26 April 1988.
Flints include a Beaker scraper - F. Healy (NAU).
For full details of wares, flint types etc see Fenland Folders.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. SRY BO. FENS. |
Related records - none
Find out more...