|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, Iron Age and medieval pottery sherds|
Fenland fieldwalking in 1988 recovered a couple of prehistoric flints and sherds of Iron Age and medieval pottery from the field here.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 6089 9556|
|Parish:||SOUTHERY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Fenland fieldwalking. Ploughed and weathered with beans growing.
Context 1: general scatter. Odd flints across field. Site SRY BB.
Context 2: at 6101 9550. Concentration of Iron Age pottery (sparse) but no other obvious Iron Age material. (However a couple of medieval sherds collected.) 49m north-south by 48m east-west.
R. Silvester (NAU) 10 March 1988.
For full details of wares, flint types etc see Fenland Folders.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. SRY 16. FENS. |
|---||Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. SRY BB. FENS. |
Related records - none
Find out more...