|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Middle Saxon pottery and medieval metalwork|
A fragment of Middle Saxon pottery, found by fieldwalking, and a medieval strap end buckle, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 19 31|
|Parish:||ERPINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1988. Found in fieldwalking.
Two handmade sherds.
Identified by W. Milligan (NCM) 28 January 1988.
14th century strap end buckle.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM)
W. Milligan (NCM) 25 May 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...