|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Middle or Late Saxon strap-end, a 15th century coin of Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, a post medieval buckle and a key found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 86 06|
|Parish:||NORTH PICKENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
August 1986. Found with metal detecting.
Copper alloy strap end 9th century. Middle Saxon/Late Saxon (drawn and photo NCM).
Silver double patard - Charles the Bold (1467-1477) Duke of Burgundy.
Post medieval copper alloy casket key.
Copper alloy tanged part of shoe buckle, 18th century.
Identified by L. Webster (BM(MLA)) and M. Archibald (BM(CM)) and S. Margeson (NCM).
See (S1) in file.
W. Milligan (NCM) 1 September 1986 (to NAU October 1987).
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Post Medieval - 651 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustration. |
Related records - none
Find out more...