|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Flint scraper, Roman and post medieval coins|
Fieldwalking in 1987 by the Fenland Survey recovered a single prehistoric flint scraper. Metal detecting before 1994 also discovered one Roman and two post medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 62 16|
|Parish:||WEST WINCH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
31 March 1987. Former allotments. Fenland fieldwalking, well weathered ploughsoil.
Single flint scraper. WHW AW (S1).
Finds in NCM.
For full details of wares, flint types etc see Fenland Folders (S2).
R. Silvester (NAU), 3 April 1987.
Before 29 January 1994.
One Roman and two post medieval coins.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 15 October 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||*Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. WHW AW. FENS. WHW AW. |
|<S2>||Archive: Fenland Folders. |
Related records - none
Find out more...