|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Worked flint, Iron Age, Roman and medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in 1987 recovered a few prehistoric flints, together with Iron Age, Roman and medieval pottery fragments.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6533 1145|
|Parish:||WORMEGAY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
27 January 1987. Field south of Holly House west of road. Fenland fieldwalking, young winter barley. Odd medieval
sherds and fragments of flint WGY AV.
R. Silvester 27 Janaury 1987.
Some of the material has been reidentified as Iron Age & Roman pottery
For full details of wares, flint types etc see Fenland Folders
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. WGY AV. FENS. |
Related records - none
Find out more...