|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Post medieval pottery finds at Sovereign House, Botolph Street|
Post medieval pottery fragments, including the complete rim of a 17th century German stoneware jug, were recovered from the spoil during building works in the late 1970s.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2301 0934|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
1966 to 1967. Site of Her Majesty's Stationary Office.
Sherds from spoil out of various holes. Main hole being corner of Calvert Street/Botolph Street.
Holes 30cm to 1.5m (1 to 5 feet) deep between Calvert Street and St George's Street (east of Calvert Street) west of pre-1966 line of Calvert Street.
Complete rim of 17th century German salt glazed stoneware jug from somewhere on the site or from NHER 22.
W.F. Milligan (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Jennings, S. 1981. Eighteen Centuries of Pottery from Norwich. East Anglian Archaeology. No 13. |
|---||Record Card: NCM Staff. 1973-1989. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card - Norwich. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Norwich - Post Roman. |
|Site 787||Parent of: Sovereign House, Botolph Street (Monument)|
|45467||Part of: Anglia Square and cinema (Building)|
Find out more...