|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal-detecting in 1986 and 2015 recovered the blade of a Late Bronze Age socketed axehead and a post-medieval coin as well as a medieval buckle and medieval/post-medieval staple.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 73 00|
|Parish:||OXBOROUGH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
September 1986. Found with metal detector southeast of old Rectory. .
Much corroded blade end of Late Bronze Age socketed axehead about 1000 BC to 600 BC.
Drawn and identified by J. Wymer (NAU). See (S1).
A. Rogerson (NAU), October 1986.
Grid reference corrected. A. Rogerson (NAU), May 1987.
January-February 2015. Metal-detecting. Site extended 50m to the south. .
1 post-medieval coin.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 7 April 2015.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BUCKLE (12th Century to 14th Century - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- STAPLE (12th Century to 16th Century - 1200 AD to 1600 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1614 AD to 1625 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Photograph: EXG 1,2. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...