|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval metal objects, Roman pottery sherd|
Metal detecting in 1986 recovered a medieval copper alloy belt or harness mount, and a Roman greyware pottery sherd.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 16 84|
|Parish:||TIVETSHALL ST MARY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
West side of Patten Lane (Roman Road) NHER 11022.
23 September 1986. Found with metal detector. 
Medieval bronze belt or harness mount; Roman greyware sherd.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
W. Milligan (NCM), 8 October 1986
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...