|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Iron Age or Saxon pottery finds|
A number of fragments of four Iron Age or Saxon pottery vessels were found in about 1942.
Images - none
About 1942: Exact date, circumstances and place of discovery unknown.
Twenty seven sherds of four handmade vessels, all in a similar sandy, grass tempered fabric. From .
A. Gregory (NAU), 6 August 1986.
NCM Accessions Register also records flint implements, but these not yet traced (6 August 1986).
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...