|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Haven, Town Lane|
This building was originally a 15th century hall house with rare external arched bracing, altered, probably in the 18th century, when the upper floor was created and the roof renewed. The building is understood to have been restored in the 1980s. Post medieval pottery fragments were found in the grounds in 1992.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0252 0767|
|Parish:||GARVESTONE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
15th century hall house, two cells only and no trace of screens doors. Rare external exposed arched bracing. Altered in 18th? Century with inserted floor, roof etc.
1986. Norwich Survey.
Single storied, pantiled, brick and flint faced cottage with flint lean-to to rear.
Two cottages in 18th or 19th century.
T.E. Miller (NLA), 16 November 2005.
A. Gregory (NAU) states under intensive reconstruction.
Group of post medieval sherds from groundworks. See list in file.
Identified by A.Rogerson (NLA) 16 February 1993.
- HALL HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Carter, A.. Building Survey. |
Related records - none
Find out more...