|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flint 'saw'|
In 1903 a Neolithic flint 'saw' was dredged from the bed of the River Ouse in the parish of Wiggenhall St Germans. The exact location of this discovery is unclear.
Images - none
|Parish:||WIGGENHALL ST GERMANS, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1903. Dredged from bed of Ouse.
A flint saw, 2 2/5 inches (6cm) long. Finder H. J. Hillens - 1900.
R. R. Clarke (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SAW (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Wiggenhall St Germans. |
|<S1>||Publication: Clarke, W.G.. MSS. p.126. p 126. |
|<S2>||Article in serial: Clark, W. G. 1907. The Distribution of Flint and Bronze Implements in Norfolk. Transactions of the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society. Vol VIII Pt III (for 1906-1907) pp 393-409. p 403. |
Related records - none
Find out more...