|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi period metal objects and pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1986 recovered a diverse range of objects. These consisted of, amongst others, part of a Roman sestertius, rims from Saxon Thetford Ware pots and a tiny 18th century thimble made from copper alloy.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2434 2547|
|Parish:||SKEYTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1986. Found in fieldwalking.
Fragment of sestertius 1st-2nd century AD. Identified by A. Gregory (NAU).
Thetford Ware type rims.
Frechen ware rim and body sherd.
Lead weight? post medieval.
Tiny bronze 18th century thimble.
Pottery held by NCM.
W. F. Milligan (NCM) 19 March 1986.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to 19th Century - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- THIMBLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...