|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Saxon and medieval pottery sherds, medieval coin, Neolithic scraper|
Metal detecting in 1986 recovered pottery sherds from the Late Saxon and medieval periods, as well as a Neolithic flint scraper and a cut long cross halfpenny minted under Henry III after 1247.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 28 33|
|Parish:||SWAFIELD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
15 January 1986. Found in fieldwalking. 
Unglazed medieval sherds, mostly Early medieval.
Late Saxon Thetford type ware.
W. F. Milligan (NCM), 20 January 1986.
21 November 1986. Found in fieldwalking.
Neolithic flint scraper (identified by J. Wymer).
Cut halfpenny longcross Henry III minted after 1247, reverse inscribed W...ON (identified by S. Margeson NCM).
W. Milligan (NCM), 11 December 1986.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...