Record Details

NHER Number:22187
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval brickworks


According to a map of 1880 this was the site of a disused post medieval brickworks. It is difficult to substantiate this claim as the area has now been built over.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 230 978
Map Sheet:TM29NW

Full description

Site of brickworks.
Works with kiln marked as disused on (S1). Now built over.
E. Rose (NAU) 10 February 1986.

Monument Types

  • BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Map: 1880. Ordnance Survey Map (25').

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service