|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint, medieval to post medieval pottery sherds, brick and tile fragments|
Fieldwalking in 1985 by the Fenland Survey recovered some sherds of medieval pottery, particularly from the north end of this field. Fieldwalking in 1998 recovered medieval brick fragments, post medieval pottery sherds and building material. Observation of the area during pipeline construction in 1998 recorded mainly medieval to post medieval pottery sherds, some medieval roof tile, and one flint.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 5204 1922|
|Parish:||WALPOLE CROSS KEYS, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
10 December 1985. Fieldwalking, weathered ploughsoil.
Sherds of medieval pottery, particularly from north end.
Finds in NCM.
For full details of wares, flint types etc see Fenland Folders.
R. J. Silvester (NAU), 10 December 1985.
January 1998. Fieldwalking of Sutton Bridge to Kings Lynn water pipeline. Good conditions, young cereal.
Post medieval sherds, building material.
See report filed under NHER 22416.
E. Rose (NLA), 28 May 1998.
April to June 1998. Observation of excavation of pipeline following earlier fieldwork.
Mainly medieval to post medieval sherds, medieval roof tile, one flint.
See report file under NHER 22416.
E. Rose (NLA), January 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Fieldwork: Fenland Survey. WPA BA. FENS. |
|---||Fiche: Exists. |
Related records - none
Find out more...