|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds, Church Farm and The Old Rectory|
Prehistoric and Neolithic or Bronze Age flints, medieval and post medieval pottery fragments, medieval tiles and a piece of limestone, probably from the church, were found on the surface between 1975 and 1985.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3452 9857|
|Parish:||SISLAND, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1975 to February 1985.
Surface finds, Sisland Survey site (unnumbered).
Prehistoric and Neolithic/Bronze Age flints. Medieval and post medieval sherds, medieval tiles and limestone
probably from church site.
See details in file.
Information from P.W. Williams.
P.W. Williams 9 February 1985 and E. Rose (NAU), 28 October 1985.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLOOR TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...