|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi period pottery sherds|
In 1985 a number of artefacts were retrieved from spoil produced by the digging of foundations here. These finds consisted of two prehistoric flint scrapers, a sherd of Roman greyware pottery and a sherd of a late medieval ware.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2313 9707|
|Parish:||SAXLINGHAM NETHERGATE, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1985. West of school. Found in spoil from digging foundations for bungalow.
Two flint scrapers.
Sherd possibly Late medieval/Trans.
Greyware sherd Roman?
Identified by W. F. Milligan (NCM) 20 March 1985.
W. F. Milligan (NCM) 20 March 1985.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...