|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Yew Cottage, The Street|
This former farmhouse date to the 17th century and later. It takes the form of five timber-framed bays faced with bricks. Interesting features include a winding stair on the entrance side and a blocked diamond mullioned window in the stair bay.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2292 9724|
|Parish:||SAXLINGHAM NETHERGATE, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Former farmhouse, lobby entrance. 17th century and later. Five bay timber frame with southernmost bay an addition; faced with bricks. One storey and attic. Off centre axial stack, winding stair on entrance side. Blocked diamond mullioned window in stair bay.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 2 May 1985
Photographs and plans (S2) in file.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...