|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Tibenham Guildhall|
During the medieval period a Guildhall was present in Tibenham. The exact site of this building is unknown, but it was used by the three parish guilds who met in the church and adjacent chapel. The Guildhall was in ruins in 1650 when the furniture was sold off.
Images - none
|Parish:||TIBENHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of Guildhall. Exact site unknown.
(S1) describes it as in use for the three parish guilds who met in the church and adjacent chapel.
'House called the Guildhall' granted by crown to T. Adams and T. Butler in 1584.
Hall in ruins in 1650 when furniture sold off.
E. Rose (NAU) 25 July 1984.
- GUILDHALL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Serial: Blomefield, F.. 1806. An Essay Towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk.. Vol V. p 277. |
Related records - none
Find out more...