|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Post medieval statue|
A metal statue of Persimmon, a highly successful racehorse owned by Edward VII, presented to him by the Jockey Club. It stands on the green outside Sandringham Stud.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7012 2886|
|Parish:||SANDRINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
April 1984. Visited.
Persimmon (racehorse). Erected after 1896.
Metal, weathered blue except for front legs apparently in different material (or cleaned). On green in front of cottages.
E. Rose (NAU), 5 April 1984.
Statue is by Adrian Jones, 1905, and was presented by the Jockey Club to King Edward VII.
E. Rose (NAU), 3 November 1988.
Newspaper cuttings (S1) to (S3) in file.
- STATUE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1896 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1990. 8 January. |
|<S2>||Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 1997. 10 October. |
|<S3>||Newspaper Article: 1998. Eastern Daily Press. 27 January. |
|3272||Part of: Sandringham House (Building)|
|30486||Part of: Sandringham Park (Monument)|
Find out more...