|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flake, medieval and post medieval pottery|
A prehistoric flint flake and fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 381 962|
|Parish:||HALES, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
6 March 1983. Hales Survey Site 84.
Sticky clay when wet, loam like when dry, rough arable fairly well weathered, chalk brought to surface in southwest corner.
1 flint flake.
4 medieval unglazed.
1 glazed red earthenware.
1 flower pot.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1983.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 84. Hales. |
|---||Unpublished document: Hales Survey. Hales Survey fieldwalking notes. |
Related records - none
Find out more...