Record Details

NHER Number:19478
Type of record:Building
Name:The Malt House

Summary

A 16th or 17th century timber framed house with a tall 19th century addition to one side. The house is built on a lobby entrance plan and has been refaced in brick.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 1899 0078
Map Sheet:TG10SE
Parish:MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

16th/17th century lobby house with tall 19th century addition. Timber frame refaced in brick. Original wing has one storey and attic. Single roll- chamfered beams with ogee stops. Stair on entrance side of stack with turned balusters. Addition is of three storeys with cellar, three bays.
Information from (S1), grade II.
E. Rose (NAU) 28 September 1983.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. pp 548-549.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service