|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic axeheads and medieval metal finds|
Sometime prior to 1982 several Neolithic stone axeheads were found here. Metal detecting in 2006 recovered a medieval coin and horse harness mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 31 97|
|Parish:||SEETHING, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Pre 1982. Found after ploughing.
Neolithic stone axehead and two petit tranchet derivatives (not seen NCM).
(S1) in file.
W. Milligan (NCM) 6 June 1983.
Before 20 November 2006. Metal detecting.
Medieval coin and horse harness mount.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 31 January 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Medieval - 4000 BC to 1539 AD)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...