Record Details

NHER Number:1927
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of St Peter's Chapel

Summary

This is the site of a medieval chapel dedicated to St Peter according to Ordnance Survey maps/records. There is no record of any archaeological evidence of this feature, and the site has been built over.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 8055 3689
Map Sheet:TF83NW
Parish:STANHOE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Site of St Peter's Chapel according to Ordnance Survey map/records.
E. Rose (NAU).

Built over on new 25 inch Ordnance Survey map (S1).
E. Rose (NAU).

Monument Types

  • CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---(No record type): Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Stanhole.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey 25 inch map.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service