|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Golden Dog Public House|
This flint building was originally constructed as a house in the first half of the 16th century. It was extended in about 1800 before undergoing conversion to a public house in around 1850. It was during these alterations that the impressive cellars were inserted, as these are obviously a necessity for running a licensed premises!
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9568 0737|
|Parish:||SHIPDHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Flint L-shaped house dating to the first half 16th century.
Extended around 1800 and altered as public house in about 1850 with good cellar.
See report in file.
E. Rose (NAU) 6 May 1983.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...