|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman mortarium fragment|
In 1959 a fragment of a Roman mortarium was found on the east bank of River Stiffkey, to the south of Warham Camp.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9445 4070|
|Parish:||WIGHTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1959. Found on east bank of River Stiffkey 122m (400ft) south of Warham Camp.
Fragment of Roman mortarium.
Held by NCM, previously by member of the public .
E. B. Green (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Roman. Wighton. |
Related records - none
Find out more...