|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery finds|
Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery fragments, redeposited from NHER 18176, were found in the garden of the old railway station in 1982 and 1983.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9196 4331|
|Parish:||WELLS NEXT THE SEA, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1982. Found in garden of former railway station. In soil dumped from site NHER 18177.
Large amounts of Roman greyware.
Few Thetford-type rims.
Few Grimston type glazed ware.
One ginger jar (early medieval) rim.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU), June 1982.
1983. More finds; see revised total list in file.
A. Rogerson (NAU), October 1983.
One sherd reidentified as Middle Saxon import.
See report in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 13 May 1986.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...