|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Hall Farm|
A range of barns south of Stiffkey Old Hall (NHER 1883), partly composed of stone blocks, fine flint work and thin medieval bricks. Later parts of coarse flint also have reused stone. They are thought to be the 17th century service court for the Old Hall.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9747 4279|
|Parish:||STIFFKEY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Barns, south of Stiffkey Hall across river.
Partly composed of stone blocks, fine flint work and thin medieval bricks.
Later parts of coarse flint also have reused stone.
Stated by local people to have been converted into a house.
E. Rose (NLA), 4 June 1982.
Confirmed by reference (S1) to have been the 17th century service court for Stiffkey Old Hall, positioned out of site of the house.
E. Rose (NLA), 4 February 2003.
- BARN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF 9742F,G. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1994. TF 9742M - Q. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1996. Building on the past. 12 November. |
|<S1>||Article in Monograph: Smith, H.. 2002. Concept and Compromise.. East Anglia's History. Harper-Bill, C.. pp 159-187. |
Related records - none
Find out more...