|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Sporadic metal-detecting between 1982 and 2013 recovered a Bronze Age barbed and tanged arrowhead; medieval coins and a post-medieval coin that may have been adapted as a pastry jigger; a post-medieval jetton and Bronze Age and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Bronze Age axehead blade; a medieval buckle frame and part of a horse harness pendant and a medieval/post medieval purse frame fragment.
|Grid Reference:||TG 39 18|
|Parish:||LUDHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1982. 18.3m (60 feet) west of pylon.
Found with metal detector in topsoil.
Blade of socketed axe.
Drawn (S1) A. Lawson (NAU), copy in file.
Conserved in NCM.
A. Lawson (NAU), 19 March 1982.
1996. Metal detecting.
Medieval oval buckle frame with ornate outer edge, ridge on either side of pin rest and narrowed offset bar. 12th/14th century.
Medieval suspension bar for horse harness pendant.
Late medieval/early post medieval incomplete suspension ring for purse frame. Oval ring above double knob decorated with incised lines. 15th/16th century.
Identified by H. Geake (NCM), 31 October 1996.
Before 5 May 2011. Metal-detecting.
Three medieval and one post-medieval coin, the latter perhaps adapted as a pastry jigger .
See lists in file.
A. Marsden (HES), 30 June 2011.
22 November 2011. Metal-detecting.
Two medieval coins and one post-medieval jetton.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 16 March 2012.
March-September 2013. Metal-detecting. .
Bronze Age barbed and tanged arrowhead.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 April 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PURSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1205 AD to 1207 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1282 AD to 1289 AD)
- COIN (13th Century to 14th Century - 1299 AD to 1301 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1307 AD to 1309 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1310 AD to 1314 AD)
- JETTON (15th Century to 16th Century - 1480 AD? to 1570 AD)
- PURSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1672 AD to 1679 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...