Record Details

NHER Number:1795
Type of record:Monument
Name:Former course of Main Creek


This is the former course of Main Creek, drained in 1660.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 8761 4464
Map Sheet:TF84SE

Full description

'Main Creek' drained 1660.
See (S1).

See (S2) in file NHER 35996.
D. Gurney (NLA), 22 August 2002.

Monument Types

  • WATERCOURSE (Unknown date)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Bronze Age. Sedgeford.
---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Archive: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S2>Unpublished document: NAU. 2000. NAU Report No. 532. Holkham Estate Survey..

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service