|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, Kipton Ash Farm|
In 1969 a large collection of prehistoric flint tools were recovered from this location. Finds included arrowheads, scrapers, and a knife. Sadly many of these were not retained.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8475 2376|
|Parish:||RAYNHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|WEASENHAM ST PETER, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1969. Surface finds.
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily all retained.
12 November 1969.
Miscellaneous tools (75-6J).
'Poor scraper' (75-6I).
13 November 1969.
'Poor scraper' (78-9I).
5 November 1969.
'Poor scraper' (68-9I).
E. Rose (NAU) 23 February 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...