|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, Kipton Ash Farm|
Over the period from 1969 to 1974 a large collection of prehistoric flint tools was recovered from here. Finds included scrapers, a pounder, a knife and an axe.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8438 2376|
|Parish:||RAYNHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|WEASENHAM ST PETER, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily all retained.
27 October and 10 November 1969.
Miscellaneous tools (60J), (38J), (23J).
Scraper (329). Source 1.
6 November 1969.
10 November 1969.
12 November 1969.
'Poor scraper' (77I).
13 November 1969.
Knife (10r). Source 1.
Broken axe (45C). Source 1.
Scraper (217). Source 1.
E. Rose (NAU) 24 February 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...