|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery finds|
Fragments of pottery dating from the Bronze Age to the post medieval periods found in flower beds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1961 9272|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1980. Found on surface of flower beds after wall building.
Roman sherds and stoneware sherds.
Identified by W. Milligan (NCM) 19 January 1981.
Grid reference corrected April 1981. Formerly wrongly given as east of A140.
2 Late Bronze Age/Iron Age body sherds, one unidentified scrap.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU), January 1981.
Roman jar rim.
Grid reference is approximate.
Last two finds were slightly apart from others.
Informant said this material is said to have been brought with soil from Thetford.
W. Milligan (NAU), 11 December 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...