|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric and medieval querns and medieval tile|
A prehistoric quern, a medieval quern and fragments of medieval tiles are recorded as being found at this site in 1968.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7295 2221|
|Parish:||GRIMSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
'Medieval quern 12 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2'. (30cm x 11cm x 6cm)
So marked on edge of (S1) but adjacent map marks same spot as 'February 1968, Saddle quern; rubber; patch of tile'.
E. Rose (NAU) 30 January 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POLISHER (Undated)
- QUERN (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- QUERN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: King's Lynn Museum. KLM 6 inch Record Map. |
Related records - none
Find out more...