|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric hammerstones and scrapers, Neolthic arrowheads|
In 1970 to 1974 a number of prehistoric hammerstones and scrapers, as well as Neolithic arrowheads, were recovered from an area of the parish of Tittleshall.
Images - none
|Parish:||TITTLESHALL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1970-4. Unspecified locations at High House Farm, Tittleshall. House at 8955 2070.
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily allretained.
11 June 1970.
Arrowhead (14A), scrapers (80H).
Scrapers (4-11), miscellaneous tools (8n).
29 May 1974.
6 June 1974.
Scrapers (344, 350-1).
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- HAMMERSTONE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...