|Type of record:||Monument|
Four limekilns, built in flint and brick, which were in use in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 266 204|
|Parish:||COLTISHALL, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Four, now infilled, flint and brick.
In use between 1879 and 1906.
Access by rail and river.
E. Rose (NAU), 30 October 1980.
Site marked in White's Directory as opening in 1879 (S1) It was still going in 1904 as marked in Kelly's Directory (S2).
From NIAS records (S3)
W. Arnold (HES) 13/12/2010
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval to Modern - 1879 AD to 1906 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Verbal communication: NIAS. |
|---||Fiche: Exists. |
|<S1>||Directory: White, W.. 1845. White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk. |
|<S2>||Directory: Kelly. |
|<S3>||Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records. |
Related records - none
Find out more...