|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval brickworks|
This is the site of a 19th century brickworks, which included a brickmaker's house dated 1853 and a square brick kiln that was demolished in the 1960s.
Images - none
Site of brick works.
Brick makers house dated 1853.
Square kiln with conical chimney destroyed about 1967.
Frogs stamped with 'OB'.
The Wapping pub was built with bricks from this yard.
Information from NIAS survey.
E. Rose (NAU) 30 October 1980.
- BRICK KILN (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
- BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (1853, Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...