|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval brickworks, Repps Road|
This is the site of a post medieval brickworks marked on tithe and 25in O.S. maps.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 449 176|
|Parish:||MARTHAM, GREAT YARMOUTH, NORFOLK|
Site of brick works.
Both sides of Repps Road and railway, on Boygates Estates. Kiln was in north section.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 30 October 1980.
Site owned by John Goose in 1841 and 1845 according to Tithe map and White's Directory (S3) respectively. O.S. 25in marks pits to the north and 'old kiln' to the south of Repps Road. See (S2)
NIAS records (S1)
W. Arnold (HES) 06/12/2010
- BRICKWORKS (19th Century - 1841 AD? to 1900 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Fiche: Exists. |
|<S1>||Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-7. Ordnance Survey 25 inch 2nd edition (revised 1902-7). |
|<S3>||Directory: White, W.. 1845. White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...