Record Details

NHER Number:1630
Type of record:Building
Name:Sedgeford tower windmill


This brick tower windmill was built before 1826. It was last used in 1896. It was converted into a house in 1990.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 7111 3674
Map Sheet:TF73NW

Full description

Stump of tower mill with brick windows boarded up. Marked on (S1).
Last used 1896.
Visited 6 June 1979. E. Rose (NLA).

Grid reference as above (not 7121 3671).
R.J. Rickett (NAU), 2 May 1990.

Built pre 1826. Converted to house 1990. Information from [1].
E. Rose (NLA), 2 September 1996.

Monument Types

  • TOWER MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 1991. 29 January.
---Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 1997. 7 August.
---Archive: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 73 NW 22.
---Website: Neville, J.. 2005.
---Photograph: 1939. Photograph of Sedgeford tower windmill, Sedgeford. Black & white.
---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch..

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service