|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Undated ring ditch and trackways|
1977 aerial photography shows the cropmarks of a ring ditch. Although this feature could be Bronze Age, caution should be exercised, as there was a World War One landing ground in the area and these often had a circular marking ring that is still visible.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6320 0169|
|Parish:||RYSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
28 July 1977. NAU air photography. Cropmarks.
Cropmark of ring ditch (6318 0173) approximately 33m diameter. Trackway running east-to-west, with associated linear cropmarks.
D. Edwards (NAU), 2 May 1980.
NB. There was a World War One landing field in this area (see NHER 13614) and as other such fields have the circular marking ring still visible as cropmarks, caution should be exercised.
See overlays (6 inch and 1:2500) plus County Series map 69/10.
E. Rose (NAU), 3 August 1983.
- LINEAR FEATURE (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- SITE (Unknown date)
- LINEAR FEATURE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SITE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SITE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILITARY AIRFIELD (World War One - 1914 AD to 1918 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF6301 A-E. OS AP 375 76124. |
Related records - none
Find out more...