|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Possible Neolithic long barrow and Bronze Age ring ditches|
1977 aerial photography shows the cropmarks of a possible long barrow, two ring ditches and associated linear marks.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6387 0070|
|Parish:||RYSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
28 July 1977. NAU air photography. Cropmarks.
Cropmarks of two ring ditches, each approximately 35m diameter; (6389 0095) and (6324 0073).
Possible long barrow (6393 0068) aligned roughly northwest to southeast. Also associated linear cropmarks.
D. Edwards (NAU), 2 May 1980.
- LINEAR FEATURE (Unknown date)
- LONG BARROW (Unknown date)
- RING DITCH (Unknown date)
- SITE (Unknown date)
- LINEAR FEATURE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LONG BARROW (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SITE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LINEAR FEATURE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- RING DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SITE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF 6300J,K. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...