|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes and fragments of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2036 9474|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1979. Southeast corner of field west of A140.
3 lead glazed earthenware sherds, 2 stoneware sherds, 1 rim with crowned AR.
8 flint flakes, 1 medieval sherd, 1 Roman greyware sherd.
Identified by A. Lawson (NAU) and W. Milligan (NCM) February 1980.
W. Milligan (NCM) March 1980.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...