|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval smock mill, Mill Yard|
This is the site of a post medieval smock mill marked on Bryant's map of 1826 and last used in about 1900.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1975 9299|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill marked on (S1) but not (S2).
Not behind site NHER 15334 as previously thought.
E. Rose (NAU), 18 April 1980.
There is a record of 'Long Stratton Windmill' being demolished in 1907.
Informant confirms  this is the same; a smock mill on (S3), last used 1900.
E. Rose (NAU), 23 March 1982.
- SMOCK MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
|<S2>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S3>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...