Record Details

NHER Number:15821
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval windmill


The site of a 19th century windmill, marked on contemporary maps. It was closed in 1883, and no trace remains today.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 1524 3848
Map Sheet:TG13NE

Full description

North of Mill Road. Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1), but not on (S2).
E. Rose (NAU), 29 February 1980.

First marked on (S3). Closed in 1883.
E. Rose (NAU), 4 February 1982.

Monument Types

  • WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch..
<S2>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.
<S3>Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service