|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting and surface searches in 1979 recovered a prehistoric flint core, a Saxon brooch and a medieval coin.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 98 86|
|Parish:||BRIDGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
August 1979. Metal detecting and surface finds. Found in dredgings from River Thet dumped on west bank.
Saxon bronze cruciform brooch of Aberg Group I.
Seen by A. Gregory (NCM) October 1979.
A. Gregory (NCM) 21 January 1980.
1982. Metal detecting.
Penny of Henry I, profile/cross fleury, North 858.
Originally recorded under NHER 23310.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CORE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: 1985. [unknown]. British Numismatic Journal. Vol 55, 61 no 26. |
Related records - none
Find out more...