|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill, west of Mill House|
According to a map of 1797 a windmill once stood at this location. Further investigation showed it to be a post mill that was last used in 1866.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 379 127|
|Parish:||SOUTH WALSHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
West of Mill House.
Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
A post mill last used in 1866.
E. Rose (NAU) 7 January 1980.
Location corrected from TG 3782 1269 to TG 3971 1272.
This mill is visible on the Tithe map (S2).
A. Cattermole (HES), 15 April 2011.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Luckraft, J.P.. 1838. South Walsham Tithe map. 1 inch : 3 chains. |
Related records - none
Find out more...