|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval smock mill|
This is the site of a post medieval smock mill shown on Faden's map of 1797. The mill was last used in 1908 and was struck by lightning in 1910.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 192 012|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 19 December 1979.
Smock mill, last turned by wind 1908, struck by lightning June 1910.
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
- SMOCK MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...