|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Flint implements, medieval and post medieval objects|
Fieldwalking by the Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Rescue Group in the area of the Harleston bypass in 1979 recovered a number of objects, including flints implements, medieval pottery and brick sherds, and a number of post medieval objects.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 256 837|
|Parish:||REDENHALL WITH HARLESTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
7 April 1979. OS field 330. Found scattered over surface of ploughed field.
Three sherds of Late medieval/Trans pottery. From NARG (Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Rescue Group) fieldwork on Harleston bypass. 
A. Gregory (NAU), 11 December 1979.
Site extended because later finds from field 330 not kept separate from fields 315 and 324.
There were one worked flint, six medieval coarseware, two medieval glazed, thrity-eight post medieval including stoneware and willow pattern, one medieval/Post medieval brick, six clay pipe stems, one square-sectioned hone fragment, one bone fragment sawn at both ends. All NCM.
Oyster shell, brick, pantile, post medieval glass not kept.
A. Rogerson (NAU), 7 January 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Undated)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WHETSTONE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...